Earlier CAD drafting positions have now evolved to BIM Technicians, or now they are known as “modelers,” the only difference being that this position requires much extra than just the skill of selecting up redlines from a creator or an expert.
This role depicts a skilled BIM software modeling specialist with a solid knowledge of the appropriate design system. For example, a Mechanical BIM Technician focuses on the mechanical methods of construction design and leveraging Revit MEP.
Trained junior engineers and architects can also represent this role depending on their training, position in the firm and technology urge to perform design using BIM.
Primary Responsibilities of BIM Technician Include:
- Form schematic level and developed models based upon libraries of parametric or solid objects which may include structure, interior, and exterior architectural elements, and building systems like mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- The experience to work in a diverse construction environment including educational, industrial, commercial, and healthcare-related projects.
- Must be prepared to handle various BIM projects concurrently and also supervise the delegated job to the offshore unit.
- Operating with our customers during pre-construction state as an on-site BIM Engineer to create the 2D Shop Drawings, 3D models, Submittal and As-Built drawings.
- Model and practice BIM software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc.
- Delegate and analyze the work of the offshore team of BIM specialists.
- Try to improve your abilities in our core purposes continuously.
- An enthusiasm for project performance, people, consumer service and your job.
- Be a winner in the improvement of BIM.
Required Skill Set of a BIM Technician:
- 1 year of experience in leading BIM detailing work from pre-construction, throughout different construction phases of various projects.
- Proficiency in BIM Analysis and Authoring tools like MEP, Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and Navisworks is preferred.
Required Education of a BIM Technician:
The candidate must have done a minimum education from a high school with a technical certification in BIM.
Who May Apply?
Any citizen residing in the U.S. or having the Green Card/permit for work/residence in the U.S. is eligible to apply for this role.
Apply here through LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/568175346/