The chosen applicant will design shop drawings which are functioning for a highly complex project by utilizing advanced detailing systems, from engineering reports. Those documents are used to help shop fabrication on many construction projects. This task is accomplished by adjusting drawings with other businesses and working precisely with other BIM Managers and Department Heads.
Primary Responsibilities of Mechanical BIM Manager Include:
- Produce Mechanical Design reports for construction projects utilizing Revit
- Represent Mechanical Department in BIM conferences to regulate mechanical 3D models among mechanical contractors, and other engineering streams
- Increase the Mechanical Department’s library of Revit collection families
- Ensure quality and performance as per department’s BIM standards and procedures
- Create mechanical drawings for facilities in concurrence with the Mechanical Standards
- Develop entry-level drawings by using computer-aided design software under the direct administration of other Mechanical Technicians or Engineers
- Prove knowledge of systems for production of design developments and construction documents, and a thorough understanding of engineering planning, drafting and detailing
- A person who can provide technical guidance to junior mechanical engineers in the creation of materials
- One who can work with the least supervision, and able to thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline project team environment
Required Skill Set of a Mechanical BIM Manager:
- 3 or more years of job experience in the creation of mechanical engineering contract reports using Revit for business or industrial projects
- Working knowledge of mechanical construction system designs including manufacturing practices, construction elements and methods, principles, modern technology and the development and application of documents in all aspects of construction and design
- Ability to teach 3D modeling concepts to teams
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit MEP and AutoCAD for mechanical design and analysis
- Skilled in the use of Navisworks and similar 3D project simulation software
- Experience of being a professional resource for explaining Revit theories to new users
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Bluebeam
Required Education of a Mechanical BIM Manager:
- Basic High Schooling with specialized certification in mechanical design, a bachelor from a trade school in the field of mechanical design or contracting, or a graduate of a non-accredited engineering institution or equivalent related experience.
Job Functions of a Mechanical BIM Manager:
- Project Management
- BIM Modeling
- Site Inspection
Who May Apply?
This job is only for United States Citizens or the Green Card holders who have permission to work & live in the U.S.
Apply here through LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/568193747/