The chosen applicant will manage and coordinate all sheet metal installation/construction activities to meet both project and company objectives. The Sheet Metal/Duct BIM Manager will look after all aspects of projects and timeline according to the agreed upon contract documents, specifications, customer/client’s satisfaction, and in the best interest of BIM Engineering U.S. LLC.
Primary Responsibilities of Sheet Metal/Duct BIM Manager Include:
- Produce Sheet Metal/Duct Design reports for construction projects by using proper tools
- Handle the Sheet Metal/Duct department meetings to regulate sheet metal/duct 3D models among sheet metal contractors & sub-contractors
- Create sheet metal/duct drawings for systems in concurrence with the Sheet Metal Standards
- Ensure quality and performance as per department’s BIM standards and procedures
- Create entry-level drawings by using software under the direct administration of other Sheet Metal/Duct Technicians or Engineers
- Prove knowledge of systems for production of design developments and development related documents, and should have an in-depth understanding of creating plans, drafts, and details
- A person who can provide, technical assistance to junior mechanical engineers in the creation of materials
- Should work under least guidance, & a highly competitive collaborative dedication is expected
- Participate in MEP coordination and clash detection correction sessions working with other contractors and architects
- Develop model families (primarily Revit families) for general and project-specific needs
- Work with other modelers, CAD Specialists, and Designers to build/manage model databases, templates, and standard procedures
Required Skill Set of a Sheet Metal/Duct BIM Manager:
- We need 3 or more years of job experience in sheet metal/duct engineering design & documents and making detailed contract reports using Revit for business or industrial projects
- Proper practical experience of sheet metal/duct construction system designs which include practices in manufacturing, fabricating the sheet metal/duct elements and methods. The principles, modern technology, development and application of documents must be known in all aspects of construction and design
- Must have an ability to explain 3D modeling concepts to the juniors
- Should be proficient in the use of software like Autodesk Revit MEP and AutoCAD for sheet metal/duct development and analysis
- Should be skilled in the use of software like Navisworks and alike 3D project simulation software
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Bluebeam
Required Education of a Sheet Metal/Duct BIM Manager:
The candidate should have done basic high schooling with specialized certification in sheet metal/duct design. A bachelor degree from a business school in the field of sheet metal/duct designing, fabricating, & contracting, or a graduate of a non-accredited engineering university or with equivalent related experience is also eligible.
Job Functions of a Mechanical BIM Manager:
- Project Management
- BIM Modeling
- Site Inspection
Who May Apply?
We require the citizens of the United States or the people who have permanent residency/ work permit of the U.S.